Revised and effective September 24, 2019
Perspective LLC (“Perspective,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is a leader in executive search and human capital advisory services. Our work for our clients focuses on executive and director recruitment and related board advisory, organizational development and other consulting services (“Services”).
2) What personal data we collect
We collect several categories of personal data:
- Personal information that you provide us, including when you interact or correspond with us by telephone, e-mail, video or in-person meetings, or otherwise. The information you give to us (and information we may generate using that information) may include contact information (e-mail address, address, telephone number) and information relating to your professional and educational history and other matters relevant to our Services.
- Personal information we collect automatically when you access or use our Website, using Google Analytics and our server logs to help us analyze how users interact with and use the Website, compile reports on the Website’s activity, and provide maintenance and other services related to the Website’s activity and usage.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Website, our servers automatically record usage information that your browser or device sends such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data. This information may be stored in log files.
- Information from and about our referral sources. If you are an individual who provides a personal reference or feedback for a candidate, we may collect and process your contact details, certain professional details (such as title, occupation, qualifications and employment history) and your connection to the candidate. We may collect this information directly from you, the candidate or from publicly available sources.
3) How we use and share your personal data
If you are a potential candidate, we use the information we collect to present you to potential employers (Perspective’s clients) and to inform and conduct our executive placements.
If you are an individual who provides a personal reference or feedback for a candidate, we will use the information you provide, such as your connection to, experience with, and opinion about the candidate, to gather information on the relevant potential candidate and to inform and conduct our executive placements, and we may share this information with our clients. We may also use your contact details to contact you in relation to any of our Services that we believe may be of interest to you.
If you are a client or supplier, we will collect and use information about your company and individuals within your company for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you and furthering our business relationship.
Other ways we may use or share your data:
- Operating our Website and Services: In order to provide the Website or Services, we may share your personal data with our service providers, including cloud-based information service providers whose products we use to store, manage and access personal data.
- Improving our Website and Services: To better understand opportunities to improve the quality of the service we provide to you.
- Compliance and investigations: We reserve the right to use data in connection with suspected inappropriate use, fraud, violations of our terms, or any other activity that threatens to impede Perspective’s and/or its users’ ability to use our Website or Services efficiently and effectively, and as necessary to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas, governmental orders, or court orders.
- Communicating with you: We will occasionally send you communications, including marketing communications, based on information you provide or include in your profile, or your use of our Website or Services.
- We may share or transfer your personal data in the event of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or liquidation, including negotiations of such transactions.
4) How we store your personal data
We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the performance of our obligations or to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as may be permitted under applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements.
5) Safeguarding your personal data
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal data from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
6) Contacting us regarding your personal data
- Erase or delete all or some of your personal data.
- Change, update, or correct your personal data.
- Restrict how we use all or some of your personal data.
- Provide you with a copy of your personal data.
We will consider and respond to any such requests promptly and otherwise in accordance with applicable laws.
7) Transferring personal data to the United States
Perspective is located in the United States. Please be aware that any personal data we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence.
8) Note for European residents
While our focus is generally on the United States, insofar as we may from time to time process personal data of individuals in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or the United Kingdom, which processing may be subject to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please note the following:
- We will only process your personal data to the extent applicable law allows us to do so.
- The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR. We rely on derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR. In particular, we collect and transfer to the U.S. personal information only: with your consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
- If you have any complaints regarding our privacy practices or how we handle any requests you make in accordance with Section 7 above (which requests you may have a legal right to make and we may have a legal obligation to honor, as dictated by applicable law), you may also lodge a complaint with your national data protection authority.
9) Children’s privacy
Our Website and Services are not intended for, nor targeted to, children under 18, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under 18. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 18, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
10) Privacy policies of other websites
12) How to contact us
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Call us: 617-960-1600
- Or write to us at: 268 Summer Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02210